All packages include horse theory time, grooming and riding time. Each participant is sent home with a booklet that reviews the information that was covered on the day of the visit. The option exists to enjoy a picnic under our pavilion and/or use our fire ring area following your “horse time”. Please contact us for more information or to secure a date!
Brownie Horse Taster
- Basic handling and safety around horses, herd psychology, grooming, tacking, colors and breeds explained.
- Time spent grooming the horses as a group.
- Riding time on a lead line while learning basics of steering, stopping, balance and control.
- Safety and basic horse care including feeds and feeding, basic illnesses and disease and how to prevent them, proper riding attire, some history of famous horses, careers involving horses, grooming, and tacking up.
- Time spent grooming the horses as a group as well as handling horses on the ground including leading, tying, etc. Tacking up demonstrated.
- Riding time without being led practicing steering, stopping, proper position while walking and trotting on the rail. Also, performing basic patterns on horseback.
- Basic handling, safety, and care discussed as well as herd psychology, grooming, tacking, horse anatomy, and various riding disciplines including western events, english, trail riding, horse showing, jumping, dressage, and rodeo.
- Time spent grooming the horses as a group as well as handling horses on the ground leading, tying, etc and tacking up (putting saddle and bridle on the horse.)
- Riding time without being led practicing basic control and proper position while walking and trotting as well as maneuvering obstacles including barrels, low jumps and poles.
(availability limited by staff)
Zipline, climbing wall and go cart rentals can be added for -$70/hr, additional or ½ hr - $35